Friday, May 2, 2008

God is indeed good all the time!

USCCB - (NAB) - May 2, 2008:
"Gospel
Jn 16:20-23

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Amen, amen, I say to you, you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices;
you will grieve, but your grief will become joy
.
When a woman is in labor, she is in anguish because her hour has arrived;
but when she has given birth to a child,
she no longer remembers the pain because of her joy
that a child has been born into the world.
So you also are now in anguish.
But I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice,
and no one will take your joy away from you.
On that day you will not question me about anything.
Amen, amen, I say to you,
whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.”"

Those of you who have been with me a while are probably getting sick of hearing this story...lol...it has become my 'Passover' story for the past six years now. My testimony of God's great love for me and my family. There are moments when I forget...it's probably better that way...but then there are days like today when it all comes flooding back to me.

The Lord called me to Mass this morning...as I was pulling out of the driveway, I sort of wondered what He was up to...lol. He seems to draw me in at the moments when I really need to hear something. So I sat at Mass and listened...1'st reading was ok...but nothing hit me particularly hard...until the Gospel was proclaimed. WOW...the tears started falling down my cheeks...but unlike tears that I had shed in the past...these were happy tears...tears that came from remembering that God indeed is Good all the Time.

You see...the Gospel that was read today is the same one that was read at my husband's Cursillo weekend, six years ago. During Lectio Divina that weekend, he was asked to meditate on the above scripture and to allow the Lord to speak to Him personally. That weekend was also Mother's Day weekend. One of the hardest that I had ever had to endure. I had lost my mom a few years before, was childless, was alone for the weekend and in physical pain...I spent the day in bed actually...in gut wrenching agony.

Well...a couple of days later we got a call from Catholic Charities...and got the news that a baby had indeed been born that Mother's Day (it was May 12'th that year). The rest is history. We will be celebrating Sarah's birthday in just a short while, and today the Lord reminded me of how far He has carried me.

No comments: