Thursday, December 13, 2007

It all rests on God

Intercessors Of The Lamb

I said, “How can we pray for you today?” She said, “Maybe you could pray for my headache. I have a headache.” I thought to myself, “Oh God, thank You. That’s all she wants us to pray for—a headache. I mean, we certainly should be able to get the grace for a headache!” See how much of self is still here. How much I thought it depended on my partner and me. We both kind of looked at each other and breathed a sigh of relief that this was all she wanted. So we just said this simple little prayer, “God, would You touch her and take away her headache?” That was all, and she jumped up out of the chair, energized, and said, “It’s gone! It’s gone!” We said, “It is?!” “Yes!” I said, “Well, that’s wonderful. How long have you had this headache?” “Five years.” So God was teaching us. Every time we pray, He teaches us something. He teaches us that this kind of ministry is for children because children know they don’t have any power. They know it all rests on God. They just ask. That’s the key: it all rests on God.



Excerpt from “Desert Prayer,” city, New Mexico, 1998.

No comments: